ARC Review: How I Resist

An Anthology edited by Maureen Johnson and Tim Federle

Release date: May 1, 2018

Regardless of whether you are an American citizen, you're going to want to get your hands on a copy of How I Resist.


This incredibly important anthology includes stories, interviews, comics, instructional articles and so much more that are geared towards young people who want to make a difference. With names like Libba Bray, Hamilton star Javier Muñoz, and Jodi Picoult, this anthology really is star-studded and full of voices ready to help you, the reader, make a difference.

In the wake of the 2016 election, the United States (and the world!) has been caught up in turmoil. How I Resist encourages its readers to take action. And let me tell you--it works. After reading this anthology, I was angry. Angry at the injustices done to people for no reason other than their place of birth, their skin colour, their orientation. But I also felt empowered. How I Resist gives readers the tools they need to take action, and fuels the fire for them to do so--particularly in a world that is driven by social media.

We as humans need to be better at communicating. At taking action. At pointing out injustices when we see them. So next time I encounter whitewashing in a fancast for a book series, or I come across someone claiming that 'representation in books doesn't matter'--I will speak out.

That's how resist.

Comments

Popular Posts