Get To Know Me!

Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I’m Hailey. I’m 18 years old, and for as long as I can remember, I’ve loved books. As a young child, my parents would read to me and play numerous stories on cassette tapes, which is probably why I love stories as much as I do. They have been woven into my life since childhood.

Growing up, we constantly had the Harry Potter audiobooks playing in the background, so J.K. Rowling’s books were very much a part of my upbringing. A lot of kids in my generation grew up alongside Harry Potter, but for me it was a huge part of my life and has become so ingrained in my family that we often quote from the books on a day to day basis!

Around the time I was in middle school, my class started studying the mythology and culture of Ancient Greece, and I was enraptured by the deities and creatures of myth. It didn’t hurt that during that same time, the first Percy Jackson and the Olympians film was released, driving me to read the book series of the same name by Rick Riordan. As I read about ancient heroes and fantastic adventures, my love for the classical myths grew. These days I am very much a Greek Mythology nerd, hence the name of this blog, The Book Muse!

So here we are today. I am just as much a Harry Potter geek as back in the day, the difference being that nowadays I don’t go around wearing Harry Potter glasses and waving sticks pretending to cast spells. But I do keep reading, in the hopes that I never lose that childlike sense of wonder regarding the world around me. This coming fall, I am heading to University to study English. I am also enrolled in two Greek and Roman studies courses, which I am ecstatic about. One day I hope to be able to pursue a literary career.

Comments

Popular Posts